There are many reasons why an applicant may not be offered a position. Below are 5 things you can do to improve your chances the next time around:
1) Continue improving your skills. Sharpening your skills by adding more to your repertoire is essential for standing out amongst the competition. Regardless of industry, having additional skills will help you outshine everyone else. Taking additional classes in your craft will always improve your skill. Also, additional skills such as fluency in a different language are always door openers.
2) Improve following directions and communication: All employers and company’s want workers that can work independently that do not require micro-management. The moment a worker demonstrates micro-managing will be needed, that is the first person to be deemed as difficult to work with and immediately considered to be removed.
How good are you at engaging with people? Remember, if you are interacting with clients, your communication skills need sharpening.
3) Never ask for feedback after the interview: Some may disagree with this. Please note: this is more centric based on the industry. With employment that is independent contractor or assignment based, companies or employers do not have time for feedback. Consider our industry, on-demand Psychic Readings. There aren’t enough hours in a day. However, for a traditional 9-5 job, this may be different.
4) Punctuality: If you are late for a job interview or do not show up, it represents a lack of seriousness. Worse, it can be interpreted as disrespect for a screener’s time. For example, if a screener had to choose between 2 applicants, even if the applicant that showed slightly less adept demonstrated punctuality and eagerness, odds are that applicant would win out.
5) Personality: How you come across is crucial to your success. In an interview situation, the screener may use that as how you will connect with clients. Kindness, being present, and demonstrating confidence in your talent is crucial. Listening skills are just as important.
Click here to apply for a Psychic job on our network.